The “Book of the Ancestor” series by Mark Lawrence is a fantasy trilogy that revolves around a young girl named Nona who is trained at the Convent of Sweet Mercy, an institution that raises girls to become assassins, mages, and warriors. The series is set in a world where a dying sun casts its dim light upon a narrow habitable band between the ice and the heat. The story is known for its intricate character development, intense action sequences, and the exploration of friendship, loyalty, and destiny.
|Number of Books||3|
|Publication Years||2017 – 2019|
- Nona Grey: The protagonist, a young girl with a dark past, who is trained at the Convent of Sweet Mercy.
- Zole: A mysterious girl from the ice tribes with whom Nona forms a complex bond.
- Sister Kettle: A nun at the Convent of Sweet Mercy who plays a significant role in Nona’s life.
- Sister Glass: The convent’s mistress of novices. Themes and Motif |
- Friendship: The bond between Nona and her friends is central to the series.
- Destiny and Choice: The characters grapple with their destinies and the choices they make.
- Power and Corruption: The series explores the corrupting nature of power and the lengths individuals will go to obtain it.
- Sacrifice: Characters often face difficult decisions that require personal sacrifice.
Book of the Ancestor Series in Order:
|S No.||Book’s Name||Year of Publication||Book’s Price|
|1||Red Sister||2017||Check Price|
|2||Grey Sister||2018||Check Price|
|3||Holy Sister||2019||Check Price|
- Critical Reception: The “Book of the Ancestor” series has been praised for its compelling characters, intricate world-building, and gripping narrative.
- Reader Reception: The series has garnered a dedicated fanbase and has been well-received by readers for its depth and emotional resonance.
Trivia and Fun Facts:
- The world in which the series is set is unique, with its focus on a narrow habitable band and the significance of the dying sun.
- Mark Lawrence’s writing is known for its philosophical undertones and exploration of human nature.